Small Business For Dummies Paperback – Mar 4 2008
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This comprehensive and practical guide addresses how to find your business niche and time a start-up, figure out approximate costs, identify legal and tax issues, market products or services, and learn bookkeeping basics. Also recommended: Steven D. Peterson and others' Business Plans Kit for Dummies (3d ed. Wiley, May 2010.) (Library Journal, May 1, 2010)
From the Back Cover
Use the latest technology to improve performance
The fun and easy way to be your own boss and run a successful business
Want to start a small business — or energize the one you already have? This practical, no-nonsense guide gives you expert advice on everything from generating ideas and locating financing to hiring the right people, balancing the books, and planning for growth. You'll ramp up your management skills, develop a marketing strategy, keep your customers loyal, and more!
Discover how to:
Make sense of financial statements
Navigate legal and tax issues
Set up a home-based business
Buy an existing business
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is a wonderful book of basic business start-up info. The only thing missing was a section or chapter on how to effectively distinguish yourself and your business from the growing community of entrepreneurs. I combined the info in "dummies" with Marion Gold's "Personal Publicity Planner: How to Market YOU." Now that's a winning combination for small business owners with few dollars to spend on advertising and promotion.
SMALL BUSINESS-The Art of The Start -40 Successful Concepts for A Small Business Start-up - You Start, Grow And Succeed
e-Marketing Intelligence - Transforming Brand and Increasing Sales - Tips and Tricks with Best Practices
This is a good book for general advise and ideas of how to get started, but it is full of lines that read ..." Make sure you research this..." and "You will have to look into that..."
I was expecting a round up of all the actual information, or at least where exactly to find it.
Good, but a bit to general.
* "Is Small Business For You?"
* "Laying Your Personal Financial Foundation"
* "Finding Your Niche"
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Accounting
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Textbooks