A guide to attracting, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring the best technical talent.
- A comprehensive system for hiring top–notch technical employees
- Packed with useful information and specific advice written in a breezy, humorous style
- Learn how to find great people—and get them to work for you—in an afternoon!
The top software developers are ten times as productive as average developers. Ten times. You can’t afford not to hire them. But if you haven’t been reading Joel Spolsky’s books or blog, you probably don’t know how to find them and make them want to work for you.
In this brief book, Joel reveals all his secrets—from his years at Microsoft, and as the co–founder of Fog Creek Software—for recruiting the best developers in the world. You’ll learn:
- How to create a pipeline of excellent developers using internships—and why this is not optional
- How to build a workplace where the best programmers want to work
- The secrets to reading resumes, interviewing technical people, and deciding when to make an offer
If you’ve ever wondered what you should be looking for in a resume, if you’ve ever struggled to decide whether to hire someone at the end of an interview, or if you’re wondering why you can’t find great programmers, stop everything and read this book.