- Audio Cassette (Nov. 23 1999)
- Format: Import
- Label: Mca
- ASIN: B00003001P
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (95 customer reviews)
|1. We're So Good Together|
|2. 'Til I Said It to You|
|3. I'll Be|
|4. What Do You Say|
|6. I'm Not Your Girl|
|7. She Wasn't Good Enough for Him|
|8. Nobody Dies From a Broken Heart|
|9. Back Before the War|
|10. When You're Not Trying To|
|11. Where You End and I Begin|
|12. We're All Alone [Duet with Josey Y Durval]|
On SO GOOD TOGETHER, Reba worked with a variety of producers. She works again with Tony Brown and David Malloy, but this is the first time she worked with Keith Stegall. So there's a little variety in the song selection. The album is comprised mostly of country/adult contemporary ballads. There's very few uptempo songs. A lot of people didn't like this album for its polished sound but I think it was a bold move on her part.
Some of my favorites include "I'm Not Your Girl", "She Wasn't Good Enough For Him" and "Back Before The War". "I'm Not Your Girl" is a sad ballad about being reminded again and again that she is not with the guy anymore, and how everything has changed, except the way she feels. "She Wasn't Good Enough For Him" is a strong ballad about a woman who is not appreciated by her husband, and is basically treated rotten. "Back Before The War" is yes, another ballad, this time about two people getting a divorce and remembering the good times.
Other highlights include simple ballads like "When You're Not Trying To" and "Til I Said It To You".Read more ›
1. 'So Good Together'-this song soundtracks about me and this one guy I was with ALL summer!
2. 'Til' I Said It To You'-this song soundtracks some feelings of mine I don't understand
3. 'I'll Be'-this song soundtracks how close my best friend and I are. I dedicated this song to her during the best summer of my life.
4. 'What Do You Say'-this song soundtracks the night my Grandpa died. This song reminds me so much of him
5. 'Roses'-(see track #2)
6. 'I'm Not Your Girl'-this song (along with #6, #7, #8, and #9)soundtracks 'one of the worst nights of my life'. Listen to the lyrics [Note: I'm talking about the same guy in tracks #1, #6, #7, #8, and #9]
7. 'She Wasn't Good Enough For Him'-this track soundtracks 'one of the worst nights of my life'. I know I wasn't good enough for him, his family, and ESPECIALLY his friends! Depressing
8. 'Nobody Dies From A Broken Heart'-when I first heard this song on 'one of the worst nights of my life', I thought I would be an exception to this song. I thought I was going to die of a broken heart that night but as you probably guessed, I didn't
9. 'Back Before the War'-if 'one of the worst nights of my life' had to be summed up in one song, this would be it. This song makes me cry every time
10. 'When You're Not Trying to'-just like tracks #2 and #5, this song means something to me but I don't know what
11. 'Where You End and I Begin'-see ^
12. 'We're All Alone'-see ^^
After reading all that, you might be wondering what the whole point of my review is. Well, it's this: GET IT! Reba is one of the best country singers and you should own her CD! Even if you're not a country fan, get this CD anyway--you can figure out what 'one of the worst nights of my life' was like. I have two words that pop into my head when I think of this CD: GET IT!