So You Created a Wormhole: The Time Traveler's Guide to Time Travel Paperback – Apr 3 2012
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Phil Hornshaw is a journalist and author born in the suburbs of detroit, living in Los angeles. Nick Hurwitch is a screenwrite working in Los Angeles. Authors' website: thetimetravelguide.com
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
How would you otherwise learn how to create a battery out of dinosaur poop ... or similar issues! LOL!
This title gives you fun and helpful information how to survive during different times and the illustrations are also great!
--- some funny spoilers ----
Essential time travel knowledge:
* Choosing the right time machine, from DeLoreans to hot tubs to phone booths - and beyond
* What to say - and what NOT to say - to your doppelganger
* Understanding black holes and Stephen Hawking's term "spaghettification" (no, it's not a method of food preperation; yes, it is a horrifically painful way to meet your end)
* The connection between Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, traversing wormholes and the 88 mph speed requirement
* The possible consequences of creating a time paradox-including, but not limited to, the implosion of the universe
Survival tips for nearly any sticky time travel situation:
* How to befriend a dinosaur and subsequently fight other dinosaurs with that dinosaur
* Instructions to build your very own Rube Goldberg Time Machine
* Crusading - for fun and profit
* Tips on battling cowboys, pirates, ninjas, samurai, Nazis, Vikings, robots and space marines
* How to operate a microwave oven
* Enjoying the servitude of robots and tips for living underground when they inevitably rise up against us
--- end ----
Read this and have fun to learn your physics and time traveling at the same time!
The theory section of the book respectfully pulls from the [ahem] factual canon previously established in Back to the Future and Hot Tub Machine with just enough real-life "It's-shake-and-bake-and-I-helped" physics to make your head swim.
The wit is dry and the roaring fire off the destroyed remnants of the time machines of the hostile time travelers who lost their associated time battles is inviting.
Whether you advocate the riding of dinosaurs as does the book or the punching of dinosaurs as do other time travelling enthusiasts, you will find appropriate advice within its pages.
Bought the Kindle edition, because there's really no other way to read a book of the future that is also a book of the present and the past.
This book explains different methods how to survive when you time travel across the different centuries and how you can manage your time travel with the items available in each century.
These are the most essential to know when you time travel:
How to choose and build a time machine, what you need to know about the black holes and worm holes, what if you meet your doppelganger or a dinosaur or a robot...?
It's a hilarious! It's fun! You'll enjoy it if you are interested in scifi and time traveling.
It also explains some essential things like how to build a battery out of dinosaur poop, and physics concepts like Relativity theory, the concept of Quantum Foam and of course wormholes.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour > Parodies
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour > Science & Scientists
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Relativity
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Time
- Books > Science & Math > Experiments, Instruments & Measurement > Time
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Relativity