The Solar Food Dryer describes how to use solar energy to dry your food instead of costly electricity. With your own solar-powered food dryer, you can quickly and efficiently dry all your extra garden veggies, fruits and herbs to preserve their goodness all year long - with free sunshine! Applicable to a wide geography -- wherever gardens grow -- this well illustrated book includes:
- Complete step-by step plans for building a high-performance, low-cost solar food dryer from readily-available materials
- solar energy design concepts
- food drying tips and recipes
- resources, references, solar charts, and more.
- A Mother Earth News Book for Wiser Living -
About the Author
Eben Fodor is a professional community planning consultant, and an environmentalist, civic activist, and grassroots organizer from Eugene, Oregon. He has been in the middle of the urban growth controversy for the past ten years.