I had a little bit of a "funk" (compared to most of the stuff they did the decade before, I'm not even sure if this can constitue as a legit funk album) phase back a year or so ago, and this is one of the cds I picked up during that time. Twas a good call, a good call indeed. Let me just run down the track listing let ya know what I think of the tracks that I remember well enough:
1) "Steppin' Out": GREAT song. One of the best of the fairly hefty lot of KATG songs I've heard. The vocals are just amazing on this one. 4/5
2) "Good Time Tonight": This was an evil ploy to suck off the success of "Celebration" by making the EXACT SAME SONG. What a load .... I hope they're ashamed of themselves for doing this song. 1/5
3) "Take my Heart": A pretty alright song. Grows on you after a while. The positive simple romanticism of it is just cool. 3/5
5) "Get Down On It": Right up there with "Celebration" as the best KATG have to offer. 5/5
8) "No Show": More ... Aside from "Cherish" (which isn't on this one), I really don't think KATG can do a ballad right. 1/5
I honestly can't remember the rest, but I already mentioned the two worst tracks on the album, so you won't be disappointed. The standout tracks overshadow the bad and make this a good album.
You might want to get the second KATG best-of album though, because all the good stuff is on there too (seriously, they have nearly half this album on there - it's sick).