Compare Offers on Amazon
Songs About Jane
|Price:||CDN$ 6.80 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Harder to Breathe|
|2. This Love|
|4. She Will Be Loved|
|6. The Sun|
|7. Must Get Out|
|8. Sunday Morning|
|10. Through With You|
|11. Not Coming Home (Live)|
|12. Sweetest Goodbye|
Maroon 5 isn't the first band to fuse R&B and rock, but they certainly are one of the most convincing. One can almost hear Stevie Wonder's beaded dreadlocks clattering in time to their deep, funky grooves. At best, the band conjures up latter-day Motown, complete with a shuddering organ and hyperbolic vocals; at worst, they sound like a stylized boy band, with all the attendant close harmonies and dramatic pauses. But despite these musical schisms, Maroon 5 is a thoroughly engaging outfit, thanks to throbbing bass lines, hooky songs, and lead singer Adam Levin's swaggering delivery. --Jaan Uhelszki
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Harder to Breathe - 10/10 - love it love it love it, can't get tired of it, the most rocky song on the album, lyrics are great, i just absolutely love it.
2. This Love - 10/10 - yah, i know, overplayed, but i dunno, despite that fact, i just can't seem to get tired of this song. i always end up singing a long and jumping around to this one.
3. Shiver - 9.5/10 - overall awesome song.
4. She Will Be Loved - 10/10 - again, i know, overplayed, but still, it's just such a beautiful song. i love the lyrics, i love the melody, the vocals, it's just perfect.
5. Tangled - 10/10 - this one's got a funky feel to it. great lyrics, great melody, great everything.
6. The Sun - 10/10 - beautiful song, i absolutely love this one. i love the feel it gives.
7. Must Get Out - 10/10 - i love this song.
8. Sunday Morning - 10/10 - i love it, love the fact that you won't hear anything else new that sounds like this song on the radio.
9. Secret - 9.Read more ›
Singer/song writer Adam Levine is great. His voice, his lyrics and his guitar playing are incredible. If you've ever been in love and lost this album is for you. The vocals on this album absolutely can't be ignored. Adam Levine (lead vocals) sings his heart out. In every song his teardrop voice is filled with genuine passion and soul (stand out vocal performance "Sunday Morning"). Lyrically they follow the same trend as they do vocally and musically, impressive. Maroon 5 is a band with undeniable talent and this Octone Record CD is 12 great songs right down the line. The songs that really stand out to me are "She Will Be Loved", "Tangled", "Harder to Breath", "This Love" "The Sun", "Sunday Morning", "Must Get Out" and "Through With You". The problem from me is of the three above, were released as singles, which were constantly being played on music TV and radio. You couldn't turn anything on without hearing Adams voice (which is okay to listen to, but not 24/7).
This album makes me smile and most importantly makes me listen to it over and over again. The flow and the rhythm of the album are easy to listen too. The songs are not too soft to put you to sleep and not too hard to shock the hell of you. If you like Maroon 5's radio hits then you'll like this album greatly.
1. Harder to Breathe - 8/10 - A good opener.
2. This Love - 10/10 - This song is popular for a very good reason. Fantastic lyrics, very catchy. (It's my ringtone!)
3. Shiver - 9/10 - The way the the lead singer sings this song is really cool... somewhat higher pitched. The guitar riffs are awesome too. Really good lyrics also.
4. She Will Be Loved - 8/10 - One of the slower songs... it's OK.
5. Tangled - 10/10 - My other favorite on the CD. I adore the lyrics and it is an overall good song.
6. The Sun - 9/10 - This song has some catchy lines, but the chorus is the highlight of the song.
7. Must Get Out - 7/10 - An OK song, but still good to listen to.
8. Sunday Morning - 9/10 - I love the piano they used in this song.
9. Secret - 9/10 - Slower song. The chorus is the best.
10. Through with You - 8/10 - An angsty song... but really good.
11. Not Coming Home - 9/10 - This song proves exactly what Maroon 5 is like in concert. Fantastic. The guitar riffs make the song.
12. Sweetest Goodbye - 8/10 - A good ending song.
Most recent customer reviews
Great sounding record. You want depth you got it, this is full depth along with nice detail on the upper end, and more dynamic than the CD. Read morePublished 1 month ago by The Seeker
There is a 90% chance that it was songs off this album that converted you into a Maroon 5 fan. Great album, wish their new stuff was more like this.Published on July 23 2013 by Unsung Hero
This is the first time I have be skunked on buying a used cd, it looked like it was used as a form of sandpaper or something..good album thoughPublished on Sept. 14 2010 by M. Richards
I enjoyed this CD, but then realized I did not listen to it for very long. I got bored after 1 month & then put it away. Very chill CD that you will enjoy in your car!Published on July 21 2008 by Martine
the record company must have been high (REALLY high) when they signed these guys. this is the worst band recording music...actually i take that back. Read morePublished on Jan. 26 2006 by ZappBranigan
Just 5 words for this album - BRILLIANT. BRILLIANT. BRILLIANT. BRILLIANT. BRILLIANT.Published on Oct. 31 2004 by C Y