summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 3, 2010
I first saw this at a friend's home. He had gotten it for his birthday. We were so taken with it. What an amazing feat! The music is beautiful and haunting. The musicians involved were unknown to us, but you could see the love they had for the music. When you hear the CD it is special, but having the CD and DVD combo, the DVD shows you an amazing accomplishment of "street" musicians, singing songs together without a glitch and truly playing for change. The songs are well done and inspiring. We had to buy more than one to share with friends.
on November 1, 2010
I first heard of this album by an e-mail I received with the Stand By Me video. I saw a few more videos on YouTube and decided that I had to have this album. All the songs are beautiful. The singers & performers did an excellent job as did the guy who mixed everything together. It's amazing that this guy went around the world to record what seem to be street performers, but he did an excellent job with this project. If you have a chance, check them out on YouTube and you will probably want to have a copy of this wonderful album for yourself.
on June 26, 2009
A great cause, and wonderful music to boot. The CD is great, but the DVD is absolutely outstanding. I'm moved every time I see and hear it.
on October 29, 2011
Having a passion for music since right before the Beatles, I am no longer easily 'moved'. But, this CD&DVD did and then some. No matter what musical style you like,this combo will remind you why music is so important. The interweaving of the various artists from around the world is masterfully done and the scenery is a wonderful extra. Being an audiophile I even find the on-site recording very well done. The only weak point is still interesting in that the most well known professional artist (Bono) among all the musicians is totally outclassed by street musicians and other lesser know professionals. Ke' Mo', on-the-other-hand, raises his game and more than fits in.

I find it interesting that the 2 discs which have moved me the most this year are from non-conventional sources -this one and the Hugh Laurie (Dr. House).

For what its worth, Bob
on January 6, 2010
My ten-year-old asked for this amazing collection for Christmas. Her teacher showed it in the classroom in November and the music and people stayed with my daughter for weeks. We bought it and we're all hooked. What a fantastic concept to bring these artists together. We love this!
on March 17, 2014
Innovative, creative and eye opening. Good music done well. I reccomend it to anyone that knows these tunes as they are all brand new again.
on December 22, 2013
As every other product I've purchased to support Playing For Change, this was very enjoyable as well as inspiring. Worth every penny!!
on August 22, 2015
Excellent mix of artists from around the world. Great to see artists from all corners of the earth in a single shot was amazing
on December 28, 2014
Very nice album with amazing talent and great versions of some very well known songs. What a great album, what a great cause :)
on August 7, 2014
Great CD and DVD. Awesome music. Playing for Change foundation is a wonderful organization making a difference in the world.