- Product Dimensions: 23 x 36.5 x 13.4 cm ; 2.7 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 3.1 Kg
- Batteries 6 C batteries required.
- Item model number: CFDS05
- ASIN: B00383PB0U
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Sept. 28 2010
- Average Customer Review: 24 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #25,270 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Sony CD Cassette AM/FM Boombox with Audio Input - Silver (CFDS05)
- Connect your digital music player and play MP3s with 3.4 watts (1.7W + 1.7W) of rich output
- Full playback of CD-R and CD-RW discs with shuffle function so you can enjoy your CD music on the go
- The Bass Reflex speaker system and MEGA BASS feature offer rich, deep tones and a more powerful sound overall
- Catch your favourite radio show with the built-in AM/FM tuner (digital tuning with 30 station presets)
- Listen to your entire music library with Sony sound quality including cassettes using the built-in tape deck
There is a newer model of this item:
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Package Type: Standard Packaging
Add some tunes to your outdoor get-togethers or to any room in your home with the Sony CFDS05 boombox. This portable player lets you play music from a CD, tape, AM/FM radio or a music player using the audio in jack.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. Good sound
2. iPod/iPhone connectivity
3. A cheap enough price tag so that I won't get annoyed when the unit eventually gets wrecked.
A big selling point of this model was the aux line in for my iPhone, while still retaining the cd player for one of my guys who still doesn't mind lugging discs around. The cassette player is a bit of a head-scratcher, but more on that later.
Q: How does it sound? A: Not very good. Using this thing in my workplace, I'm not asking for earth-shaking bass (and this thing doesn't have it), but I *am* asking for clean and crisp high frequencies... and this thing doesn't have that, either. It's very midrange-y, the optional 'bass boost' only really adding a sort of basso mush to the proceedings, with no real definition (one album I listened to was Rhino's meticulous remaster of Elvis Costello's 'Imperial Bedroom' via iTunes, which should be a pretty lush experience... it was not). I read a lot of reviews by people on Walmart.com raving about this thing's sound... those people are not me.
In fact, what I came to realize is that I'm not this baby's intended consumer. This unit is designed for people who want some music playing in the background, but don't want that music attracting too much attention to itself. Specifically, I think older folks (no offense!) who still have most of their music collection on cassette will be very happy to have a brand-new cassette-capable player such as this. And I have to admit that the radio reception is very good - we work in a concrete parking garage where reception is notoriously bad, but all the stations come in crystal-clear...Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Amazing sound quality and plays burnt CD's and gets amazing radio signal.Published 6 months ago by Eric Kuzma
** If you are in for the K7 player, don't bother. The door never closes with a K7 in. I use the older model of this same SONY, which plays K-7 very nicely. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Yeren
It was used regularly but didn't get moved around and still after merely owning it for 2 years the CD sensor is defective and all the CDs skip. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Pascale T.
good machine, good sound and if you have any cassettes still kicking around, they will playPublished 18 months ago by Allan Christie
There is little to no base with this unit - I did not expect much, but DID expect SOME base...
Also, the unit feels fairly cheap, particularly the CD/cassette... Read more