SportDOG Field Trainer, 400E
- Ideal for field training or hunting with close-working dogs
- Up to 16 levels of continuous and 8 levels of momentary stimulation
- Designed to provide higher stimulation power for large or stubborn dogs
- No assembly required
- Includes transmitter, receiver, lanyard, rechargeable Ni-MH batteries, and limited lifetime warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Amazon.ca Product Description
The compact SportDOG FieldTrainer 400E is ideal for training in the yard, field, or for hunting with dogs that hunt close. Because no 2 dogs are alike, the FieldTrainer 400 is designed to provide more stimulation to large or stubborn breed dogs. Choose from up to 16 levels of continuous or 8 levels of momentary stimulation that causes no harmful effects. The 3.2-ounce transmitter fits snugly in the palm of your hand. Press a button to stimulate your dog from as much as 400 yards away. The comfortable Soft Coat finish makes the transmitter a pleasure to handle. DryTek technology makes the very small 2.8-ounce receiver waterproof and submersible to 25 feet, per NEMA 6P and IP67 standards. No field trainer in this price range is smaller or offers more advanced features. Choose either tone or stimulation to train your dog. A low-battery detection feature monitors your transmitter and receiver. Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries, a lanyard, and a limited lifetime warranty are included.
SportDog FieldTrainer 400
The FieldTrainer400 is loaded with technical breakthroughs in the smallest, most convenient package available. Features include 3-dog expandability and waterproof and submersible transmitter and receiver. With 400 yards of range, this model fits in the palm of your hand and is designed for field training and hunting with close-working dogs.
- Waterproof & Submersible. Collar & Transmitter
- The FieldTrainer SD-400 is expandable to use with up to three dogs.
- No external collar antenna to get hung up.
- 1/4-mile range gives ample training range
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Very Small (3.2 oz) Transmitter
- Very Small Collar Receiver (4.8 oz)
- Customizable transmitter settings -- choose from 7 pre-set modes
- Up to 16 levels of continuous stimulation or 8 levels of momentary stimulation (in 1-dog mode only)
- Instantly change stimulation intensity from the transmitter (tactile dial)
- Tone only button (in 1-dog mode only)
- Two Dog Mode and Three Dog Mode (continuous stimulation only in multi-dog mode)
- Rechargeable, user replaceable NiMH batteries in collar and transmitter
- Low Battery Detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
In the Box:
- Active SportDOG FieldTrainer SD-400 collar
- SportDOG FieldTrainer SD-400 transmitter
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide
- Adjustable black and orange collar straps with metal keepers which fit up to a 23" neck
- User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar + transmitter
- Dual lead battery charger -- Save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
- Lanyard for the transmitter
- Y-Plug Charging Adapter
- Accessory Kit
- Test Light Kit
- 1 set of short stimulation probes
- 1 set of long stimulation probes
*This unit is compatible with all US 110v outlets and are not to be used with 220v international voltage.*
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have had rottweilers and dealt with a stubborn breed before, but this dog - although very sweet,
had a stubborn streak.
I have only had to use an instant shock twice - but always sounded the audible when i take him
out in the fields.
Now he responds to just the audible sound and comes back to me immediately.
What a fantastic product!
Most recent customer reviews
The battery life on this product isn't that great. The collar often 'spins' so it's rarely in the proper position. And dogs learn when they aren't wearing it, versus when they are. Read morePublished on Feb. 5 2014 by Silver Thompson
By using this correctly, you do not need to use it for long because with just a simple audible beep or 2, it's amazing how they associate the sound with a mild buzz. Read morePublished on April 24 2013 by TV
This is an excellent aid to training. My 8 month labradoodle learned to come on command very quickly and l have only had to use the shock function about 3 times. Read morePublished on March 30 2013 by Sheena Ross
I choose this rating because my dog has behaved 100% since putting the collar on him. The tone button is all that is needed. Hunting days are much more enjoyable.Published on Feb. 22 2013 by B Greenhalgh
Used with two of our three dogs and it has worked well on low levels to correct them barking and provoking the neighbor dog.Published on Jan. 29 2013 by Ten77