Sports & Recreation Fads Paperback – Sep 5 1991
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
This compilation captures the variety and intensity of America's involvement with sport and recreational activities from Colonial times to the present. Over 60 short articles, each with a bibliography, cover a panorama of sport and recreation happenings which range from the obscure (parlor disguises and medical electricity as a tool for fitness) to the well-known (Monopoly and crossword puzzles). This is a highly entertaining book, although the title is misleading: it stretches the point to consider Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak or Hank Aaron's 715th homerun a fad. A great nostalgic trip for the sport/recreation enthusiast.
- Kenneth Tillman, Trenton State Coll., N.J.
Copyright 1991 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Sports
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Essays
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > History of Sports