Stand and Deliver: The Dale Carnegie Method to Public Speaking Audio CD – Audiobook, Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Perhaps more than any other person who ever lived, Dale Carnegie changed the human relations movement. His world-famous course has now influenced millions of people. Looking back on his life, Carnegie saw that worry and fear were the forces that held him back. He developed the Dale Carnegie Course as a forum for overcoming worry and fear and for developing human relations and leadership skills.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Strongly recommended to whoever with motivation to improve his/her public speaking skills.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
But if this is your first study of public speaking then, for your dollar, there are few better ways to begin. This is a solid, compact course that will not set you back a few hundred bucks.
I bought this audiobook as someone who has to speak and present in front of large groups on a regular basis, and who also has to teach public speaking to highschoolers for debate, speech contest and presentation. It has been extremely useful for me.
In terms of criticism, three things come to mind:
1. The material feels a little bit dated. I can't quite pinpoint it - the stories, the music, the narrator - the presentation just feels like it is from the early 1980's.
2. The material is not really that original. You would get nearly identical information from any general introduction to public speaking. I didn't see much unique value to this product.
3. The program is a little disjointed. It comes across as a well-organized list of do's and don'ts.
I enjoyed the product, but I would not recommend it. If I had the money to spend over again, I would look for a product that offered more unique value with less focus on tired and well-known information.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Personal Growth
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Self Help
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Public Speaking
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation