When I found out, there was a special edition, I was really happy, I bought the regular edition when it came out on September 2008, a great game I must say but unfortunately it had a lot of glitches, (see my past review on the regular edition) but still I wanted this game. After playing for a little while, here are the things I like and also the ones I didn't like:
* Metal case
* All downloadable content now it is included and it is for "free".
* A collectible card.
* Art book.
* Trophies are now available for this version.
* Exclusive level for the Sith edition.
As for me, the game seems to load a little bit faster in comparison with the regular version.
* On Amazon's product description, there's no info that it said just one collectable card it's included, too bad.
* It would it be cool if there were a soundtrack included for this edition.
* For people who already bought the two extra screens, the skin characters, they wasted their money because all content it is included.
* Too bad the special edition took over a year to be release.
* Your previous save data and all the hours you invested in playing the regular edition, now are useless because the save data is not compatible with the special edition, as for me A HUGE FAIL from Lucas Art studio.
* On some stages the character can float LOL, especially if the character needs to climb to get a holocron and then if you let him fall (a small fall not enough to kill him) on some stages the star killer will flow. The one I recall right now was in Felucia (level 3), when I saw it.
* This is the game with most glitches I've ever played on PS3 (actually the only one with glitches I own).
If you don't mind to re-play the game one more time, I would advise you to sell you regular version and buy this one, for all of their extras and the exclusive screen for this edition, you won't regret it.