Start & Run a Home-Based Food Business Paperback – Aug 31 2009
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“The book, written in a clear and engaging style, touches upon the coarse and fine points of food-making as a cottage industry, from how to figure out what to make, to drawing up a business plan, to making the food, and finally to find people to buy it.” ― “The kitchen as savior” article in the Woodstock Times discusses Start & Run a Home-Based Food Business.
“I need to work out my budget and cost per item ASAP so I can get going and make some [income]. Thanks for your great book, Mimi, it was just the inspiration I needed.”
-- Daniella, California, USA
“The Joys and Challenges of a Home-Based Food Business” article in Chronogram Magazine, Hudson Valley. (2012-04-25)
From the Back Cover
With over 25 years' experience, author Mimi Shotland Fix takes you step-by-step through the process of starting and running a food business. Includes dozens of tips, examples, and advice for you to run a profitable business from your own kitchen!See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Mimi Shotland Fix guides readers through choosing an operating space, making a budget, developing a business plan and marketing products. All this and more she does in an informative and thorough but conversational tone. She even includes recipes and a DVD (for PCs only) with a recipe cost calculator, press release template, ledgers and much more. Even if you have never considered becoming an entrepreneur, this book might inspire you enough to give it a shot!
Great info no matter your skill level or what your goal is.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Home Based
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Hospitality Businesses
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > New Business Enterprises
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Food Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Food Science