- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Stephen King's Gothic Paperback – Aug 15 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'Sears offers an insightful and nuanced analysis of how King's narratives both speak to and work against major Gothic writings, traditions and themes such as repetition, doubling and allusion, secrecy and concealment, the writer and the text, uncanny features of time and place, resurrection and its hazards, degeneration, abjection and monstrosity . . Sears has produced a sound critical examination of Stephen King's Gothic that is both thoroughly researched and highly readable. His study provides an opening for more serious and comprehensive critical examinations of King's work and suggests that King's fiction is best understood as part of an intricate intra- and inter-textual network. Sears' text is one of the few that offers an extended critical-theoretical engagement with King's writing, and it will be of interest to critics and fans of Gothic fiction alike.' Natasha Rebry - The Gothic Imagination
About the Author
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature