summer boutiques-francophones Pets All-New Kindle vpcflyout Music Deals Store sports Tools

on May 9, 2006
I received this book as a gift. Based on the description on the back, I wasn't sure what to expect. The book was easy to get into, and grew on me the more I read it. I really enjoyed it, and the characters stayed with me after I finished the book. I highly recommend this book!
on July 4, 2005
Still Life with June is a rare and haunting novel that deserves to be read at least twice.
Stylistically, Still Life is brilliant, juxtaposing textual fragments written in distinctly different voices. Greer achieves ambiguity through calculated precision as his plot and characterization shift between realities.
The text is often confessional, with the protagonist sharing everything from seemingly-insignificant details to the most intimate revelations. The result is a protagonist so realistic that I sometimes forgot he was fictional, feeling implicated by my own voyeuristic presence.
Grafting beauty onto pain, Greer creates a world as enticing as it is disturbing. Intelligent, hilarious and profound, Still Life is a novel to savor.