From the Back Cover
- Successfully incorporate stocks into your investment plan
- Balance risks and rewards to reach your goals
- Profit from emerging trends and sector opportunities
The bestselling Canadian guide to growing your stock investments, revised and updated!
Do you want to make money in stocks, but don't know where to start? This easy-to-follow guide arms you with all the stock investing fundamentals and know-how you need to manage and sustain a profitable investment portfolio in either a bull or bear market. You'll see how to make smart investment decisions and select the best stocks to suit your needs and you'll find savvy real-world examples that show you how to maximize your returns.
- Master the basics find out how stock valuation works, assess your finances, set and prioritize your investing goals, and discover your investing style
- To risk or not to risk get the 4-1-1 on different kinds of risk, and weigh risk against return
- Do your homework research stocks, understand growth and income investing, and use basic economics to improve your stock strategy
- Take stock of the market investigate industries, evaluate a company's financial health, and understand the effect of government on stock investing
- Diversify with emerging sectors from precious metals to alternative energy, discover the hot sectors that will make your portfolio thrive
Open the book and find:
- Tips on how to evaluate your current financial situation and goals before you buy
- Common approaches to stock investing
- Ways to add exchange-traded funds to your investing mix
- Basic accounting methods for choosing winning stocks
- Important things to consider when your stock portfolio is down
- The latest Canadian resources and financial ratios
About the Author
has written and co-authored several books, including Investing Online For Canadians For Dummies
and The Financial Planner for 50+.
Paul Mladjenovic is a Certified Financial Planner and a speaker on investing and financial matters. He is also the author of Precious Metals Investing For Dummies.