Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Music Deals Store Fall Barbecue

Format: Audio CDChange

on May 5, 2011
Listen. It doesn't get any better than this: TWO incredible recordings for basically the price of one; 'Tin Tin Deo' and 'Moon and Sand'. Both recordings tend to emphasize slightly different sides to Mr. Burrell's incredible talent. Together, they're a testament to his versatility - relentless swing, sensitive interpretation of standards, gritty blues and dreamy ballads. Whew! (As a bonus, and a first for me, you get to hear K.B. playing acoustic guitar.)

Now, I'm a BIG fan of K.B. and have quite a few of his recordings. I don't feel a need to grade them in relation to each other, but 'Stolen Moments' would be a GREAT introduction for the uninitiated to a player whose middle name should be "Quality". They're both studio recordings. The sound is impeccable. The first is a straight trio format; the second adds a percussionist to the mix. On 'Moon and Sand', I thought the interplay between guitar and bass (John Heard) was exceptional.

I could go on and on,...,but won't. Like I said,....,*****.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again