- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Straddling Borders: Literature and Identity in Subcarpathian Rus' Hardcover – May 28 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'Rusinko's study is richly imagined, thoroughly researched, lucidly written. Rusinko deals very thoughtfully with the many specific problems raised by individual works, but she also looks at more general issues. The vivacity, the sheer critical intelligence with which such problems and issues are being posed constitute some of the most outstanding features of this book. The strongest aspects of Literature and Identity in Subcarpathian Rus' are Rusinko's intellectual courage to challenge the long-standing scholarly paradigm that ignores Rusyn literature; her prodigious research, the sine qua non of responsible scholarship; and her sophisticated conceptual framework attentive to current debates in critical theory, particularly postcolonial theory and cultural studies.'(Halina Filipowicz, Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures, University of Wisconsin, Madison)
About the Author
Elaine Rusinko is Associate Professor of Russian at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Russian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Eastern European
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Russian
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > European