Strange School, Secret Wish Paperback – Sep 1 2001
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Overall this is a pleasant story, with a unique setting that will introduce students to a chapter of Canadian history in a rural community."(Gillian Richardson Resource Links 2002-02-01)
"Gold's tender storytelling and careful research make this work enjoyable and educational."(Howard Bokser Concordia University Magazine 2002-06-01)
The year is 1927, and the Merril children are once again in school – but one that's unlike any other. For 10 months out of the year their school, set up in a Northern Ontario railway care that also serves as their home, is on the move. Theirteen-year-old Jenny Merrill loves life on the tracks, but she has a secret wish. She's fallen in love with a violin on page 244 of the Eaton's catalogue. But how will she get the money to pay for it?
About the Author
Bernice Gold lives in Montreal, Quebec.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Spine-Chilling Horror
- Books > Teens > History & Historical Fiction > Historical Fiction
- Books > Teens > Horror
- Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Teens > Social Issues