- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Strategic Planning: A Practical Guide to Strategy Formulation and Execution Hardcover – Apr 7 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Equal parts sage advice, checklist, and forms for strategic planning and implementation, this volume is a nearly one-stop resource for everyone from the seasoned manager to neophyte consultant in need of guidance on setting strategic direction. The book offers a broad introduction to strategic planning with an emphasis on application. Readers will find the material directly transferable into practice. . . . The volume will be a beneficial resource for anyone tasked with developing a strategic plan or organizing a strategic planning session. . . . Highly recommended." - Choice
About the Author
B. Keith Simerson, EdD, is a management consultant, helping organizations with strategic planning, leadership development, and change enablement.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book lives up to its subtitle. In my experience many more mistakes are made in the execution of strategies than in their formulation. Simerson's book touches on both providing numerous tools and examples. Plus he gets that consideration of execution needs to occur upfront of, and during the planning process, not after the plan has been created.
In today's tumultuous business and political environment, every organization needs to improve how they go about planning and executing their plan. This book will help you do that.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Transportation
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Systems & Planning
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Systems & Planning
- Books > Professional & Technical > Transportation > Policy
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance