- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Strategic Public Personnel Administration [2 volumes]: Building and Managing Human Capital for the 21st Century Hardcover – Dec 30 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This two-volume collection, assembled by Farazmand, is intended as intended to serve as a core textbook for graduate and undergraduate public personnel administration and human resource management courses. As such, it is less a how to introduction than a wide-ranging examination of the history, organization, management, politics, and institutional settings of public personnel management." - Reference & Research Book News
About the Author
Ali Farazmand is Professor of Public Administration at Florida Atlantic University, where he teaches graduate MPA and Ph.D. courses in organization theory and behavior, organizational change and public management, personnel management, bureaucratic politics and administrative theory, ethics, and intellectual development of public administration. Farazmand's research and publications include over 18 authored and edited books and handbooks, and over 80 journal articles and book chapters. His most recent books include Privatization or Reform (Praeger, 2001), Modern Organizations: Theory and Practice, 2nd ed. (Praeger, 2002), Sound Governance (Praeger, 2004), Handbook of Bureaucracy and Administration (2006), and Globalization, Governance and Public Administration (2006).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Human Resources
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Affairs