- Visit the McGraw-Hill Technical Store for resources to learn more and do more.
Structural Engineering Formulas Hardcover – Apr 13 2004
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This compact yet comprehensive compendium puts the structural engineering formulas most needed on the job at the user's fingertips. Practical and authoritative, Structural Engineering Formulas offers 114 formula tables with brief introductions explaining uses and applications. An affordable resource that every civil engineer and engineering student will want nearby, this handy reference features:
* Equations used in foundation and soil, retaining structure, tunnel, beam, frame, plate, pipe, and other structural design
* Tables helpful for verifying computer analyses of complex structures
* Easy-access organization
* Appendices of metric conversions, mathematical formulas, and symbols
About the Author
Ilya Mikhelson, Ph.D., has over 30 years' experience in design, research, and teaching design of bridges, tunnels, subway stations, and buildings. He is the author of numerous other publications, including: Precast Concrete for Underground Construction; Tunnels and Subways; and Building Structures.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I humbly suggest that the review mentioning units is unfounded. The book is unitless as far as I've seen, aside from the examples. The examples use metric units.
I bought this for the PE in April, 2010. I used it to answer one question... which makes it worth the price right there.
In my day to day practice, I use it for frame engineering. This one is a keeper.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Structural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Reference > Engineering
- Books > Teens > Science & Technology
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Civil Engineering