The book includes authoritative discussions of critical topics, including:
· How shareholder value relates to mergers & acquisitions, and different methodologies for valuing a transaction
· How accounting can influence value creating
· Transactions that may be encountered (mergers, joint ventures, spin-offs, share repurchases and more)
· Methods of structuring from a legal standpoint
· Protecting against takeover threats
· Performing effective and complete due diligence
For each topic covered, Structuring Mergers & Acquisitions explores and critiques real-world examples of different types of transactions in a variety of industries. This reference includes hints and tips about what to look out for, how to avoid the inherent pitfalls of different types of transactions and solutions for common problems. In addition, a hypothetical case study presents the entire strategic and financial analysis of a merger from the signing of the confidentiality agreement, through the structuring and negotiation of the deal, concluding with the presentation of an offer and letter of intent.