From the Back Cover
Fundamentals Made Easy--Covers Struts 1.2
Create powerful Web applications with Struts, the dynamic application framework built for online Java programming. Through hands-on examples you’ll quickly learn Struts basics--working in the MVC architecture, handling user input, and using Struts actions and tag libraries. Then, you’ll find coverage of the Struts Validator framework, Tiles, and Eclipse--the most popular Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Start taking advantage of the all the powerful development features available in Struts right away.
Designed for Easy Learning:
- Modules--Each concept is divided into logically organized modules (chapters), ideal for self-paced learning
- Critical Skills--Each module opens with the specific skills covered in the module
- Mastery Checks--End-of-module reviews test knowledge using short-answer, multiple-choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions
- Ask the Experts--Q&A sections throughout are filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Progress Checks--Quick self-assessment sections check your progress
- Annotated Syntax--Example code annotated with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated
Steven Holzner is an award-winning author of more than 80 computing books, and a former contributing editor for PC Magazine. He is an expert in Struts, Java, and online programming.
About the Author