- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Case Studies in Geriatric Medicine Paperback – Sep 5 2005
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This case-based approach to geriatric medicine is suitable for all health professionals and trainees who provide care for the elderly, including interns, residents, geriatric fellows, physicians in practice, and nurse practitioners. It is illustrated and arranged around 43 cases based on the authors' experience in clinical practice.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Even in the chapters that cover common medical problems, the authors bring potential geriatrics-specific issues to your attention. For example, they mention that thyroid disease is commonly asymptomatic in older people, and that TSH screening is often required because there may not be much in the way of clinical findings. They also give suggestions for overcoming social issues, such as lack of ability to pay for treatment and refusal to use a cane to prevent falling.
This book isn't part of the Case Files series, but if you liked Case Files, you will like this book also.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Geriatrics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gerontology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Geriatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Geriatrics