- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Study Guide for Trading for a Living: Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management Paperback – Mar 22 1993
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
An eminent futures trader explores crucial factors in the markets that most experts overlook--time, volume and open interest--and describes little-known indicators to profitably track them. Covers all the popular technical approaches to futures, options and stock markets including Elliott Wave, oscillators, moving averages, Market Logic, point-and-figure charting. Explains why most traders sabotage themselves and how to avoid doing the same.
From the Back Cover
Successful trading is based on three M's - Mind, Method, and Money. In his long-awaited book, Trading for a Living , Dr. Alexander Elder has taught you how to combine personal discipline with finding the best trades and safe money management.
Now, this Study Guide for Trading For a Living helps you discover your strengths and weakness as a trader, before risking your money in the markets. This Guide is packed with over 200 questions and charts. They help you master the essential trading skills. The 11 rating scales help you measure your growth as a trader.
This Guide will help you master:
* Individual psychology - how to become a disciplined trader
* Mass psychology - know when to join the crowd and when to leave
* Classical charting - identify support and resistance, place stops
* Computerized technical analysis - use indicators to find good trades
* The neglected essentials - read volume, open interest, and time cycles
* Stock market indicators -profit from contrary opinion theory
* Trading systems - learn Triple Screen, Channel, and Parabolic
* Risk management - all about stops and profit targets
Whether you want a personal tutorial or a teaching for a seminar, this Study Guide for Trading for a Living will help you gain professional trading skills. It will help you grow into a successful trader and leave the crowd of amateurs and losers in the dust.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
In 200 questions you will learn a lot about yourself, your motives, and most of all your personality. This is where Dr.Elder's background shine. In order to conquer the markets you must conquer yourself.
After being involved with futures trading for 11 years and writing several books on the subject I still find books like Dr.Elder's inspirational and mentally clarifying.
Most recent customer reviews
What is your learning style? If you don't trust that you know something until you've taken a test, this book can help. Read morePublished on Sept. 17 2003 by Charles Miller
I ordered the guide along with the actual book and really never did use it. It may be cheap, but I think the book itself should be enough.Published on Sept. 7 2002