From the Publisher
An eminent futures trader explores crucial factors in the markets that most experts overlook--time, volume and open interest--and describes little-known indicators to profitably track them. Covers all the popular technical approaches to futures, options and stock markets including Elliott Wave, oscillators, moving averages, Market Logic, point-and-figure charting. Explains why most traders sabotage themselves and how to avoid doing the same.
From the Back Cover
Successful trading is based on three M's - Mind, Method, and Money. In his long-awaited book, Trading for a Living , Dr. Alexander Elder has taught you how to combine personal discipline with finding the best trades and safe money management.
Now, this Study Guide for Trading For a Living helps you discover your strengths and weakness as a trader, before risking your money in the markets. This Guide is packed with over 200 questions and charts. They help you master the essential trading skills. The 11 rating scales help you measure your growth as a trader.
This Guide will help you master:
* Individual psychology - how to become a disciplined trader
* Mass psychology - know when to join the crowd and when to leave
* Classical charting - identify support and resistance, place stops
* Computerized technical analysis - use indicators to find good trades
* The neglected essentials - read volume, open interest, and time cycles
* Stock market indicators -profit from contrary opinion theory
* Trading systems - learn Triple Screen, Channel, and Parabolic
* Risk management - all about stops and profit targets
Whether you want a personal tutorial or a teaching for a seminar, this Study Guide for Trading for a Living will help you gain professional trading skills. It will help you grow into a successful trader and leave the crowd of amateurs and losers in the dust.