The world’s fourth largest island is home to some of the finest national parks and the most pristine beaches in Indonesia. Footprint Focus Sumatra will take you from the bustling sprawl of Medan – with its colonial and Chinese architecture – the forests, mountains and rivers that provide great hiking and rafting, Sumatra has an ideal balance of heritage and nature. This guide provides extensive coverage of Sumatra’s most spectacular sight, the world’s largest volcanic crater-lake, Lake Danau, plus the Orang-Utan Rehabilitation Centre.
· Essentials section with useful advice on getting to and around Sumatra.
· Comprehensive up-to-date listings on where to eat, sleep, and party.
· Where to see Orang-Utans, go tubing, hiking or whitewater rafting.
· Detailed maps for Medan and other key towns and sights.
· Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
With comprehensive coverage of all the main sights, plus information on activities to take you off the beaten path, Footprint Focus Sumatra will help you make the most of your trip without weighing you down.
The content of the Footprintfocus Sumatra guide has been extracted from Footprint’s Southeast Asia Handbook