Summit 2: English for Today's World with CD (Audio) Paperback – Mar 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
A two-level high-intermediate/advanced course, Summit, by Joan Saslow and Allen Ascher, is the perfect next step for learners who have completed a beginning to intermediate-level course. Summit develops competence and confidence in all four skills.
Summit’s simple instructional design has two essential, motivating features:
- Concise two-page multiple skills lessons are each designed for one class session.
- Communication activities at the end of each lesson enable students to set their own progress.
Other important features:
- Ten essential model conversations apply a wide array of conversation strategies for confident communication.
- Unique step-by-step “Discussion Builders” guarantee successful, thoughtful free discourse.
- An intensive vocabulary syllabus builds key word skills.
- Comprehensive writing sections feature rhetorical skills, prewriting, and error correction.
- Bound-in Grammar and Pronunciation Boosters provide additional reference and practice.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics