- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Supply Chain Management (5th Edition) Hardcover – Jan 26 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.ca
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
By Larry N - Published on Amazon.com
As an instructor of SCM for several years, I value this book because it has explanations of principles used by leading practitioners, particularly the calculations and algorithms used within modern ERP/SCM systems. There is no perfect text and this one would benefit by more illustrations and photos to visualize topics. However, it is an exceptional text in that is explains the sophisticated methods of SCM in simple ways. It demonstrates how things work where other texts just describe topics superficially. True, it has a lot of equations and math models, but these are supported with worked examples and very deliberate delineation of spreadsheet modeling formulas. That said, advanced methods are the key to SCM success that we see in leading practitioner firms and our students should be introduced to them through such a text.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
By slow learner - Published on Amazon.com
IMHO, this text is excellent for two reasons. First, it has many solved examples and, importantly, they have been solved in Excel. Second, on every topic it mentions various factors that I would not easily come up with myself. In other words, it gives both a shovel and a map.
By Patrick Lienart - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Hardcover Verified Purchase
excellent book clearly outlining various topics relating to SCM. Also an excellent reference guide to have readily available to consult on specific SCM initiatives.
By Ghassan Abu-Lebdeh, American University of Sharjah - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Hardcover Verified Purchase
Excellent book both to learn from and to teach from. The extensive examples and solved problems makes this textbook a first choice both to students and instructors.
By Robyn Alexander - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
has a lot of wordy text in it that seems to revisit areas in many times; probably could be condensed to more key points saving 30% of the space!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Total Quality Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Total Quality Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Production, Operation & Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management