Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air Hardcover – Feb 20 2009
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"If someone wants an overall view of how energy gets used, where it comes from, and the challenges in switching to new sources, this is the book to read." Bill Gates, chairman, Microsoft
"I would choose Sustainable Energy as a text over its competitors because MacKay has moved the energy discussion in the direction where energy alternatives can be considered quantitatively." American Journal of Physics
"A new academic book written by David MacKay, a physics professor at the University of Cambridge, is being hailed by some as a "game changer": a text that could revolutionize popular thinking about our future energy needs and how we could supply them." guardian.co.uk
"A tour de force . . . As a work of popular science it is exemplary . . . For anyone seeking a deeper understanding of the real problems involved [it] is the place to start." Economist.com
About the Author
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I bought the paperback because it was good enough I wanted one on my shelf to show people!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Oil & Energy
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Energy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Energy
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation > Energy
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Energy
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Renewable Energy