- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Switching Languages: Translingual Writers Reflect on Their Craft Paperback – Apr 1 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Switching Languages shows that the choice to write in a language other than one's home language is not innocent. It imbricates an author's allegiance and loyalty to his or her native language, identity, history, and native discourse community. This choice can be both liberating and constraining, elating and painful. Kellman has put together in this reader a rich mix of perspectives and life trajectories from authors who write across various languages." Claire J. Kramsch, author of Language Acquisition and Language Socialization: Ecological Perspectives
About the Author
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory > Semiotics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Baseball
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature