Your one-stop resource for all major genetic syndromes and important anesthetic, diagnostic, and pharmacological considerations
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This is a nearly exhaustive compilation of over 4,500 pediatric syndromes and their impact on perioperative management....I have not come across a book that covers this subject as completely and makes referencing as easy as this one does. It is truly an essential text for those providing operative care to children who have syndromic diseases."--Doody's Review Service
The ultimate desk reference for anesthesiologists, pediatricians, geneticists, and internists, Syndromes provides convenient A-Z coverage of more than 2,000 genetic, metabolic, and dysmorphic conditions. Extensive cross-referencing of synonyms, variations, and international names leads to over 4,500 entries in all!.
- An encyclopedic dictionary of every genetic syndrom known to humankind
- Includes synonyms, variations and international names--more than 4,500 cross-referenced syndromes in all
- 180 photographs illustrate manifestations and common presentations
- Standardized, two-column rapid retrieval template
For each syndrome, from Aarskog to Zellweger Syndrome, you'll find a succinct "snapshot" of clinical information that includes:
- "At a Glance" Description
- Genetic Inheritance
- Clinical Aspects
- Precautions before Anesthesia
- Anesthetic Considerations
- Pharmacological Implications
- Other Conditions to be Considered