- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
TCP/IP Networking: Architecture, Administration, and Programming Hardcover – Facsimile, Mar 30 1994
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) protocol suite forms the basis for the most widely used networking technologies in the world. This book describes the protocols that make up the TCP/IP protocol suite. Explores TCP/IP architecture; Application Layer protocols and services; Transport Layer protocols; Internet Layer protocols; Internet administration; and client-server programming. For users of a TCP/IP internet; technicians responsible for installing TCP/IP hardware and software products; technical staff members responsible for maintaining and administering a TCP/IP internet; and systems analysts, designers, and programmers who will be designing and implementing client-server applications that use TCP/IP internets for communication.
About the Author
James Martin is the computer industry's foremost educator and information systems communicator, and is a world-renowned consultant and high-level advisor to government and industry. He is the author of nearly 80 best-selling books--many of which are regarded as the most authoritative sources of information on database, telecommunications, teleprocessing, interactive systems, the impact of computers on commerce and society, and software development tools and methodologies. Mr. Martin is regarded as "the father of CASE," and the originator of the information engineering and rapid application development methodologies.
Joe Leben, Leben, Inc., an independent consultant based in the Chicago area, writes books on information technology and develops technical training courses for the industry.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Microprocessors & System Design > Computer Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Administration
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > TCP-IP
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Network Programming
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking