Taboos and Issues: Photocopiable Lessons on Controversial Topics Spiral-bound – Jan 1 2001
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
1. Death 2. Nudity 3. Politically Incorrect Jokes 4. Taboo Conversation Topics 5. It Should Be Banned! 6. Not My Type 7. Sex for Sale 8. Swearing 9. Torture 10. Sexual Harassment 11. Bribery and Corruption 12. Designer Babies 13. Children Who Kill 14. Gays and Jobs 15. Animal Rights 16. Marriage - For Better or For Worse 17. Nobody Needs a Gun 18. The Sale of Human Organs 19. AIDS 20. Telling Lies 21. Abortion 22. National Stereotypes 23. Cheating On Your Partner 24. Are You Happy With Your Body? 25. Immigration and Racism 26. Changing Sex 27. Is This News? 28. The Right To Die 29. Old Enough To Be Her Grandfather! 30. Big Brother Is Watching 31. Anxiety and Depression 32. Gay Families 33. Begging 34. Compensation Culture 35. Sport and Money 36. Vanity 37. Legalizing Drugs 38. Turning The Other Cheek 39. The Death Penalty 40. Addictions
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It does get into some pretty good issues, and some that are really on the limits of what you would call "normal". This covers issues like transgenderism, (a personal favourite of mine), age differences, inheritance, death, and a whole range of others. There is pretty much something for everyone, even those with a more conservative bent.
Some of the features are good, but there is one serious lack. That is the presentation. Each lesson is quite simply boring to look at. Compared with other publications in the same vein, (for example, "Ideas and Issues: Advanced"), this book is positively boring to look at. Despite some good features, one will need to spice it up with their own resources. The lack of pictures and creativity in some respects is quite notable. However, they do make it easy to expand on the topics and make your own activities.
It is a good book to form a basis for a lesson, but there is no arriving two minutes before your lesson and copying a few runs from one of these. You will need to add your own "spice" and "flavour" to it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Reading Skills
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Dictionaries