Stronghold 2 is the third installment of the Stronghold franchise. The original Stronghold was the first and only game to combine a castle SIM with siege-warfare RTS. Stronghold 2 will be the first to bring the franchise to 3D. Players will be able to build and develop numerous types of castles and defenses while watching their peasants go about their every day lives. Players will see medieval life in all its forms from festivals and jousts to drunken wenches serving their lord dinner. Players will also be given more control over the strategic aspect of the game.
From the Manufacturer
Play the ultimate castle sim! Expand your lands and build and fortify your citadel. Entertain with jousts, lavish feasts, and tournaments or rule with an iron fist and dispense medieval justice to your overworked and slovenly peasants. Stronghold 2
is the most accurate, amazing, and dynamic depiction of siege warfare and castle life ever portrayed.
- See the breathtaking medieval setting in beautiful 3D and choose from a variety of other views to survey your domain.
- Be lord of a true-to-life medieval berg. Watch the falconers deal with the rat problem, discover how man and pig lived side by side, see weavers, candle makers, and ale wives go about their business.
- Hold great festivals such as jousting tournaments, feasts, and dances or conduct public executions to keep the peasantry in line.
- Brand new soldier types, siege weaponry, and castle defenses.
- As lord, your gaze reaches far. Watch life inside castles and behind closed doors. View a trial inside the courthouse, see the lord's food being prepared in the kitchen, watch the ladyship taking a bath in the solar attended to by her maid servants.
- Earn valuable honor points and use them to rise through the ranks from humble serf to mighty duke or use them to knight your own sworn liegemen and place them in charge of captured castles to expand your kingdom.
- Design your own coat of arms or decorate your castle with flags and banners or heads on spikes--the choice is yours.
- Nonlinear interactive story unfolds as you return to your earlier castle and decide which challenge to undertake next.