I did not like this album at first. I had to listen to it a few times to start liking it, but now I love it. It’s not her best album, in my opinion. But it has a lot of hit-worthy songs. I felt like a better job could’ve been choosing singles with this album, as well as the time the songs were released.
But any way, here are my top-5 songs:
1. WE FOUND LOVE – My second favorite Rihanna single (after “What’s My Name”). A great Calvin Harrison production, her 11th #1 hit, and her biggest single to date.
2. ROC ME OUT – I really wish this was released. Stargate creates magic for Rihanna, and this is a prime example. This is a rock-infused R&B club banger. Nothing better.
3. COCKINESS (I LOVE IT) – I love the beat to this and I love how fast and rhythmic the vocals are (especially in the bridge).
4. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN – Another great dance track (courtesy of Dr. Luke and Calvin Harris) that became a huge hit this past summer.
5. DRUNK ON LOVE – This samples “Intro” by the XX. The sample is actually the best thing about the song, but regardless, a good song.
Other good songs: TALK THAT TALK, WATCH N’ LEARN and DO YA THANG.