Talus Outdoor Technologies ColdAvenger Expedition Balaclava
|List Price:||CDN$ 116.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 71.01 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 45.98 (39%)|
- Made in the USA
- Combines the classic design, warmth and protection of a balaclava
- State-of-the-art ventilation system is perfect for active winter athletes or asthmatics
- Prevents fogging of goggles while elevating inhaled air temperatures up to 40-degrees fahrenheit
- Low neck profile allows for full protection and coverage, fully removable coldavenger ventilator
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Amazon.ca Product Description
The ColdAvenger Expedition Balaclava is great choice for all winter activities from 40-degrees F below to 30-degrees F above zero, Polartec Wind Pro is very breathable, yet it blocks 95% of the wind, and has a DWR finish.
The plastic is soft and flexible and and has a natural microbial resistance. It meets the requirements of the US FDA-modified ISO 10993 for biocompatibility, US Pharmacopeia (USP) Class VI requirements for blood contact, complies with FDA food-contact regulations 21 CFR 177.1680 and CFR 177.2600, and is listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) and ANSI standard 61 for use in potable water applications.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) Its WARM around mouth and ears. Even when walking towards a -35 celcius wind. The face mask attachment conveniently stretches to provide an extra layer of fleece over your ears.
2) The air you breath in is also very warm.
3) The fleece is relatively good quality.
4) A positive small step in the direction of improving balaclava technology.
1) The fit. The toque portion doesn't cover your whole forehead so you need to wear another toque over it (this ends up interfering with velcro for mask).
2) Inside the ventilator its soaking wet after only an hour of use. This makes for extreme discomfort and a general gross feeling.
3) The chin cover of the face mask gets pulled up and eventually blocks the ventilation, very annoying as you have to constantly be pulling it back down and readjusting it.
4) Unless you have goggles on the ventilator will push up into your eyes, impeding your ability to look downwards at times.
5) The cheap nose foam they give you to stick onto the ventilator is just made cheap and won't last. You only get one of these 10 cent devices so be nice to it!! They could have at least thrown a few of these in there, I mean seriously.
6) Feels like you're wearing a gas mask, overall its just really intrusive.
7) Defective stitching around the chin is a constant annoyance and just looks bad.
*DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!!
The face mask has to be extremely tight and my safety goggles have to be even tighter to create a good seal around my nose. Standing around was fine but once I started to move and work my goggles fogged up instantly and I couldn't see. In order to get a good seal you need the foam nose piece, and the glue is not going to last.
This mask looks very intense so you get a lot of comments from people. I wouldn't mind if it did the job that it claims it can do. But, when it isn't even better than a cheap toque and neck warmer I feel like a fool for wearing it.
You might have a different result if you don't need to wear glasses/goggles all the time. But if you do, this product won't be much help.
On a PLUS, the Velcro mouth guard is ingenious and easily allows for quick easy facial access or warmth.
Problem with wearing safety glasses with the balaclava on and continuous fogging of lenses.
Continuous condensate build up in mask
Material not fire retardant.
Mask adjustment does not restrict air flow into lungs.
If you work outside for long hour or practice outdoor sport when its cold... you want one.
Most recent customer reviews
very beautiful and well designed, it will increase my winter activities and keeps me from cold and flu.Published 6 days ago by Stanley Donkor
Nice high quality item I wasn't expecting a lip on top for goggles that the only minus this has. i bought to wear under a snowmobile helmet and it works great!Published 7 days ago by Daniel Cyr
I use it when I ride my motorcycle and I ride all winter in ottawa. Working great so far.Published 2 months ago by robert pratt
Works good but was uncomfortable on my nose. I have a somewhat big nose.Published 2 months ago by Denver Ference
Outstanding for sport in (very) cold weather, especially when wearing goggles!
Only inconvenient I could think of is that it does dampen the surrounding noises/sounds... Read more
This "One size fits most" Balaclava happened to be too large for my head ... so it would never fit properly.Published 4 months ago by Allen Smith
The best way to withstand -40 during windy winters.Published 8 months ago by Amir Vasheghani Farahani
Exactly as described. It is maybe a little tight for a big head. Still it is a good productPublished 14 months ago by Jean Marc Gaudreau