1. Improved mounting clip: Most cheap thermometers fall off the rack with the slightes nudge and whenever I slide the rack in or out. This one clips on more securely.
2. Better positioning: It can sit securely atop a rack, tilted back for easier viewing.
1. Hard to read: Big dial but small numbers.
2. Expensive: Double to triple the price of the economy models.
3. Not fully oven-proof: The advertising boasts a temperature range up to 600 degrees, but a prominent "WARNING" on the package recommends "removing the thermometer" if the oven is used above 440 degrees to avoid cosmetic damage.
4. No metric scale: Fahrenheit only.
1. Speed: In an oven pre-heated until another thermometer read 425 degrees, this one took about 12 minutes to go from room temperature to a stable reading of 425.
2. Accuracy: I don't know how accurate it is, but at least it's consistent with my old thermometer. After it reached 425 degrees, this model's reading matched the 425-degree reading on the old thermometer almost exactly.