Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 1 [Import]
|List Price:||CDN$ 13.95|
|You Save:||CDN$ 6.60 (47%)|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Original 87 film, includes 4 never-seen episodes.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
But overall, this was worth the money just to see those first 5 episodes, I had never seen the first ones as a kid. It was also funny to realise that James Avery (Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air) is the voice of Shredder.
MY favorit teenage mutant ninja turtles character which is one of the bad guys is BAXTER STOCKMAN the fly, unfortionally they don't show him as a fly on DVD.
I already have a tons of ninja turtles VHS tapes, but I search though the whole tire internet an can't find REVENGE OF THE FLY, and TURTLES TREK episodes to buy or down load.
turtles trek is one season 9 on tmnt series.
But it was nice of them to put dregg on bonus episodes cuz I like him to, but I'm still dissappointed cuz there's alot of old skool ninja turtles episodes out there that I want to see, defenly the 2 I listed.
The new ninja turtles on fox 25 is a good show but not near as good as the old skool ninja turtles that I grew up watching.
-I like the slip on cover. You don't see too many of those these days outside of Disney DVDs. But they did make it a little too tight...
-Some may complain about the simple, silly looking artwork, but it fits the DVD just fine. The silly, simple happiness of the cover captures the essence of the first season, if not the whole series. However, future season DVDs should have a different, maybe more exciting cover, like with Casey Jones/Krang/Shredder/etc. (this cover suits this DVD perfectly, though).
-The price. Another reason why I would buy ten of these DVDs (if there were ten) instead of two of the new TMNT DVDs.
-The original TMNT were brought to DVD!!! This mere fact makes this DVD better than most out there. PLEASE RELEASE MORE OF THESE ARTISAN!
-The bonus episodes. Initially I was excited to finally see the tenth season episodes that I knew were not available on VHS (nor were shown on television), but it was way too early for these episodes to be released.Read more ›
The four bonus episodes are later in the series, and don't seem to be in chronological order on the DVD. There's no "play all" for these episodes either, unfortunately. The fact that these bonus shows are included makes me think they might not release any more original series DVDs, which would be a shame. Or maybe they're only going to release the first season or two (in my opinion, it didn't improve with age).
I highly recommend this DVD to any fan of the original series simply for nostalgia, and also to any parent of a young child (4-10) who seems to enjoy the new/current series. The new/current series is action with a little humor (more appropriate for teens), whereas the original series on this DVD is humor with a little action, and is more appropriate for younger kids.
First off the good things. The first five episodes (in fact the entire first season) of one of my favorite cartoons from growing up are finally in the now-dominant DVD format. The episodes are shown in proper order (even the videos didn't get that right) with no cut scenes or dialog. Fans now in the 18-25 range nostalgic for the shows of our youth (and many of us are) will undoubtedly be very happy with the fact that this great show will not stay on analog master tapes to decay without a trace.
Unfortunately, my approval ends there. Like the other reviewer, this DVD release of TMNT Season 1 suffers from the following shameful shortcomings:
1) single stereo track, no surround sound. As a matter of fact, poor sound period.
2) no chapter breaks (this is particularly ridiculous, it would not be that difficult to encode chapter breaks on the DVD)
3) awful image transfer. It truly does look like they just ran some fresh VHS tapes through a digital capture process. It looks very homemade. A person with a Pinnacle capture card, fresh tapes and a Hi-Fi VCR could do just as well.
4) Ridiculous packaging. These Turtles are drawn on the packaging like the only people looking at should be five year olds and under. I was slightly embarassed to actually walk up to a checkout counter with such a ridiculous looking item.
Forgive me all if I'm being too nitpicky, but come on wouldn't we all be willing to pay twenty bucks for TMNT first season that actually looks like some care was put into preserving it? F.H.E.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
My grandson loves ninja turtles. The older versions are a bit less violent.Published 3 months ago by E Ross
This was his birthday present, he loved it. He watched this show all the time when he was a little kid.Published on Dec 31 2012 by Necol
My grandson is 3 and he really enjoys the TMNT. My son was "into" the TMNT as well and we had the movies on VHS only. Read morePublished on Jan. 6 2011 by L. Stevens
This dvd is excellent. I took me a few minutes for me to jog my memory of the episodes, but I enjoyed every minute of them. Well worth the buy for the price. Read morePublished on Feb. 9 2007 by Gary Bowman
The cover of this DVD had me worried, but the episodes ARE the original 5 (and then 3 of the later ones that make you realise why the series was cancelled). Read morePublished on May 12 2005 by John
IF THE ONLY THING STOPPING YOU FROM BUYING THIS DVD IS THE KIDDIE LOOKING BOX ART, DON'T WORRY. IT'S NOT AS BAD AS IT LOOKS IN THE PICTURES SHOWN. Read morePublished on July 29 2004 by M. Smith
OK, after reading some of the reviews that have been posted since my last one, I feel obligated to clear a few things up. Read morePublished on July 17 2004 by Brent Haskins
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Comic Action
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Crime
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Kids & Teens
- Movies & TV > Animation > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Animation > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Adventure
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Scary Movies & Mysteries
- Movies & TV > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Television
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Science Fiction & Fantasy