- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Television and Youth Culture: Televised Paranoia Paperback – Dec 9 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This book offers an intellectual explication of each of thsee particular shows through a lens of individual self-perception as well as cultural identity that speaks to not just psychoanalysis, but sociology, education, and even media studies. In doing so, Jagodzinski provides, in a density that echoes Lacan's style, a sharp explanation of post-Freudian thinking." - P.L. Yoder, Choice
About the Author
jan jagodzinski is a Professor in the Department of Secondary Education, University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, where he teaches visual art and media education and curricular issues as they relate to postmodern concerns of gender politics, cultural studies, and media. He is an editorial board member for Psychoanalysis, Culture & Society (PCS); an associate editor for Journal of Lacanian Studies (JLS); on the review board for Studies in Art Education (SAE), Journal of Curriculum Theorizing (JCT), Journal of Cultural Research in Art Education (JCRAE), Visual Culture & Gender; and co-series editor with Mark Bracher for Palgrave’s series Education, Psychoanalysis, Social Transformation. He is the author of The Anamorphic I/i (1996); Pun(k) Deconstruction (1997); Postmodern Dilemmas (1997); editor of Pedagogical Desire (2002); Youth Fantasies: The Perverse Landscape of the Media (Palgrave, 2004); and Music in Youth Culture: A Lacanian Approach (Palgrave, 2005). jan jagodzinski was awarded the Manuel Barkan Memorial Award in 2011.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Culture
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Adolescent Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Television > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Children's Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Marriage & Family
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Educational Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Developmental Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology