This version of "PICK OF DESTINY", as noted, comes as follows:
* A copy of the soundtrack, which is NOT in a jewelcase, but in a cardboard package with the 3-D artwork pasted onto the front (NOTE it is the same 3-D/lenticular image that is also available on the regular edition of the soundtrack)
* 8 Tarot cards, each one an illustrated reflection of "the genesis of the D". Cute.
* A replica "pick of destiny", plastic-y but nicely detailed.
* A cheap fold-out poster - not the film artwork, but a shot of JB, KG and Saskquatch. It's quite small- it is housed in the cardboard CD holder.
* A cardboard box to hold it.
The music-- well we've all waited a LOOONG time for new Tenacious D material (I mean, they've been mainstream since their show debuted in '98 on HBO as a Mr. Show bumper, and this is only their 2nd album!), and personally I'm a bit let-down. A few of the songs are GREAT, but in total the album is only 35-min. long, and of that probably only 20 minutes are worthwhile NEW material ('Classico' and 'History of Tenacious D' are not new songs). I'd hoped for more, honestly; I suppose we'll have another 4-to-5 year wait for more material??
Overall this "Limited Edition" it's hardly worth the extra $$, in my opinion, unless you REALLY need the replica Pick Of Destiny. The 3-D artwork is the exact same as on the regular (and much cheaper) version, the cardboard case the CD comes-in is just cheap, and the poster is definately nothing special (it's so small I'm surprised they didn't include that in the regular version as well).
All that said-- ooking forward to seeing the flick.