- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Accession Story: The EU from 15 to 25 Countries Hardcover – May 19 2007
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"A detailed, engaging picture of the fifth enlargement from the perspective of both Brussels and the ten new member states... Given the political history of the new members, their perspective not only reveals the complexity of the enlargement processes, but also the country-specific obstacles and personal frustrations the negotiators had to deal with and overcome...Highly recommended."--CHOICE
About the Author
George Vassiliou was elected President of the Republic of Cyprus in 1988 for a five-year term. During this period he worked hard to achieve a solution of the Cyprus problem and improved the functioning of the public sector. As a result of several reforms, the economy improved substantially, the GDP per capita nearly doubled and in 1991 Cyprus was able to apply for membership of the E.U. In 1992 it became possible to link the Cyprus pound to the ECU. One of his major achievements during this period was the establishment of the University of Cyprus.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Law > Current Affairs
- Books > Law > International Law
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Treaties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > International Institutions
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Systems Of Government
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics
- Books > Textbooks > Law
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Government
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > International Relations
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy