- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Aesthetics of Ambivalence: Rethinking Science Fiction Film in the Age of Electronic (Re) Production Hardcover – Aug 30 1992
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
?Brooks Landon's book is wide-ranging, thought-provoking, and state of the art. It concerns SF film and, towards the end, almost becomes SF in its provocative speculations on the future of such film. It is a lively, refreshing study which makes us look at SF film anew and passionately advocates the possibilities of the genre as a form of SF.?-Science Fiction Studies
About the Author
BROOKS LANDON is a Professor of English at the University of Iowa. He has contributed many chapters to books in the science fiction field and has written numerous articles for literary journals.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Adaptations
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Genre Films
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > History & Criticism
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > History & Criticism
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences