The All-Natural Diabetes Cookbook: The Whole Food Approach to Great Taste and Healthy Eating Paperback – Dec 20 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From Publishers Weekly
Starred Review. Operating under the premise that "fresh is best," registered dietician Newgent offers a wealth of terrific, healthy ideas for diners of all stripes. With an emphasis on the classics, Newgent offers ingenious tips to cut fat and cholesterol, like using silken tofu to emulsify the Hollandaise sauce for her Eggs Benedict, or using cottage cheese in lieu of butter to keep lean burgers moist. She dispels the myth that healthy eating has to be bland, evidenced in her Tequila-Lime Chicken with Fettucine in Creamy Jalapeno Sauce, Moroccan Turkey Burger and Beer-Brewed Sloppy Joes. Common dishes like Chef Salad get a zesty burst of flavor from a tarragon-laced balsamic dressing, and a fingerling potato salad is dressed in a lowfat sour cream sauce loaded with dill, chives and Creole mustard. Newgent makes it easy to stick to one's diet, including tips on doubling many of the recipes as well as make-ahead tips, online resources and trivia. Exchange information is included for each dish, as well as a substitution guide for common ingredients like sour cream, cheese and sugar.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
About the Author
Jackie Newgent, RD, is a regular contributor to Weight Watchers Magazine and Glamour, and a contributing advisory board member for Fitness. She has appeared nationally on ABC’s Good Morning America, NBC’s Later Today, CBS’s Up to the Minute, and much more. Newgent is a recreational chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education. She was an American Dietetic Association national media spokesperson.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Organic Cooking
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Diabetic & Sugar-Free
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Healthy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Diabetes
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Whole Foods
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition > American Diabetes Association
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition > Healthy Cooking
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging > Diabetes