The Amateur Hardcover – May 15 2012
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Praise for The Amateur
The Amateur is the best book I’ve read on how Barack Obama is wrecking our country. I urge everyone who cares about America to read Edward Klein’s eye-opening book.”
Donald J. Trump, world-famous businessman, owner and host of the hit NBC TV shows The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice, and bestselling author of many titles, including Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again
This is a racy, entertaining, informative book that illuminates aspects of Obama and his team that have not been previously reported. A necessary antidote to the Obama worship that is sure to characterize the election debate.”
Dinesh D’Souza, president of The King’s College and bestselling author of The Roots of Obama’s Rage
All the horrors I predicted in Welcome to Obamaland have now been definitively proven true by Edward Klein’s rip-roaringly readable new book The Amateur, which uses great stories and great reporting to illustrate just how ideological, arrogant, and hapless Obama and his administration really are. An outstanding demolition job on the most overrated president of our time.”
James Delingpole, columnist for the Daily Telegraph and the Spectator and author of Welcome to Obamaland
A devastating indictment of the lethal combination of incompetence and radicalism that has made Obama into one of the worst presidents in American history.”
Norman Podhoretz, former editor of Commentary magazine and author of many books, including most recently, Why Are Jews Liberals?
From the Inside Flap
In this stunning exposé, bestselling author Edward Kleina contributing editor to Vanity Fair, former foreign editor of Newsweek, and former editor-in-chief of the New York Times Magazinepulls back the curtain on one of the most secretive White Houses in history. He reveals a callow, thin-skinned, arrogant president with messianic dreams of grandeur supported by a cast of true-believers, all of them united by leftist politics and an amateurish understanding of executive leadership.
In The Amateur you’ll discover:
- Why the so-called centrist” Obama is actually in revolt against the values of the society he was elected to lead
- Why Bill Clinton loathes Barack Obama and tried to get Hillary to run against him in 2012
- The spiteful rivalry between Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey
- How Obama split the Kennedy family
- How Obama has taken more of a personal role in making foreign policy than any president since Richard Nixonwith disastrous results
- How Michelle Obama and Valerie Jarrett are the real powers behind the White House throne
The Amateur is a reporter’s book, buttressed by nearly 200 interviews, many of them with the insiders who know Obama best. The result is the most important political book of the year. You will never look at Barack Obama the same way again.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
In “The Amateur,” the bestselling author Edward Klein gives an unparalleled insight into the full extent of Obama’s massive incompetence. The book is based on literally hundreds of interviews conducted over the course of a year. Many of the people interviewed, such as Jeremiah Wright, were or are still very close to Obama and his inner circle, and have had an unprecedented access to the President at various stages of his life and career. The sum total of their observations and opinions paints a very unflattering picture. After reading this book I am even more appalled by Obama’s rank amateurism. Furthermore, unlike some of his predecessors who were able to “grow in the job,” Obama’s narcissism prevents him from learning from his mistakes and adapting to a more pragmatic approach to the job. Granted, many of the people interviewed had their own axes to grind as they’ve fallen out of grace with Obama, but even with that caveat it is clear that he is not, and never has been, the right person for this job.Read more ›
Statements from some of the author's sources:
- Bill Clinton: "I've had two successors since I left the White House--Bush and Obama--and I've heard more from Bush, asking for my advice, than I've heard from Obama. I have no relationship with the president--none whatsoever. Obama doesn't know how to be president. He doesn't know how the world works. He's incompetent. ...Barack Obama is an amateur."
- Walter Anderson: "Obama has a political sense, but he lacks an executive sense. He has the same vulnerability that many legislators have; he's skillful at getting elected, but he's often lost when it comes to governing and inspiring others. In my view it's a mistake to compare Obama to Jimmy Carter, as some do. Carter was micromanager in all things. Obama is anything but."
- Tavis Smiley: "Obama is politically astute. I was in awe of how well run and on message his presidential campaign was. In all my life, I never saw a campaign run so brilliantly. And so it's been interesting to see how off course and off track Obama has gotten in the White House.Read more ›
But this is still a very interesting book. Over the course of a few years, Klein conducted interviews with a few hundred people who knew Barack Obama before and after he became President. The people interviewed ranged from Obama's former paster, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, to members of Chicago's African-American elite who bankrolled Obama's first forays into campaigning for elected office, to leaders of the Jewish community who supported Obama in 2008 but became very disillusioned over his stance on Israel, Oprah Winfrey and some of Oprah's inner circle, members of the Kennedy clan, members of the Clintons' circle, members of the Congressional Black Caucus and many others.
The portait of Barack Obama that emerges is not a flattering one. Michelle Obama, Obama advisors like Valerie Jarrett and most of Obama's inner circle do not fare much better.
This book is certainly worth reading before the upcoming US Presidential election.
Most recent customer reviews
I Am not an American. I bought this book to get a better knowledge of the President of USA. clearly the politics and Leaders of the people of your Great country are totally... Read morePublished 1 month ago by leona-may
Excellent insight into the Oval Office. Klein outlines why America today is though of as weak, vacillating and spineless.Published 18 months ago by Sandy
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Presidents & Heads of State
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 21st Century
- Books > History > United States > 21st Century
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Doctrines
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > United States