- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Art of the App Store: The Business of Apple Development Paperback – Dec 6 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Your one-stop shop for planning, creating, marketing, and maintaining your applications
It takes more than a great idea to succeed at iPhone and iPad app development.This indispensible guide provides an in-depth look into the perils and potential of the iPhone and iPad app landscape. The Art of the App Store presents tried and tested methods for competitive research, findingyour niche, understanding customer expectations, setting goals and milestones, and managing app development from concept to post-launch. You will find guidelines for developing and pricing your app using the most up-to-date trends, a plan for viral marketing using social networks, metric tracking, taking advantage of feedback, and much more.
The Art of the App Store:
Shows how the App Store has evolved and how to take advantage of the changes
Helps you identify potential costs and decide where to invest your time and money
Analyzes successful and unsuccessful apps, examines existing niches, andshows how to create successful hybrids
Compares the risks and rewards of free, freemium, and premium apps
Explains how to advertise and market your free and lite apps
Offers tried-and-true advice on marketing your apps through social networks
Demonstrates post-launch update strategies to maintain app awareness
Wrox books are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
About the Author
Tyson McCann owns Nth Iterate, a game design and consulting company. As a freelance game design, social media, and user experience consultant, he has worked for major game companies including Sega, 3DO, the Tetris Company, Fisher-Price, and Funcom. His experience includes design and development on multiple iPhone apps, including a top-grossing, multiplayer game that can be found in the App Store Hall of Fame.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
It also contains some explanations about how you can produce applications even if you don't have any IT or technical background in computer science. I guess that is as well a valuable resource for any person interested to enter in the mobile application development.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Since the author is a developer, each chapter shares information, experiences and useful tips about almost all phases of app development.
In my opinion, there's only one fault in this book: a chapter discussing submission/approval procedures on App Store.
If you want to understand what you have to do to transform your idea into an app that can make this way on the iDevices everywhere, this is the first book you must read.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > High-Tech
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Handheld & Mobile Devices
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Programming & App Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering