The Beatles Complete Chord Songbook Paperback – Dec 29 2000
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) Eleven songs appear out-of-order [check out the Amazon pages above]. Here's a list:
Dear Prudence (off by 4 pages)
Golden Slumbers (off by a whopping 36 pages)
I Am the Walrus (off by 14 pages)
I've Got a Feeling (off by 24 pages)
Long, Long, Long (off by 12 pages)
Maxwell's Silver Hammer (off by 4 pages)
Old Brown Shoe (off by 24 pages)
Rain (off by 3 pages)
Sun King (off by 14 pages)
The End (off by 2 pages)
You'll Be Mine (off by 8 pages)
[Perhaps the songs should have been listed in order by album/recording date?]
2) The binding is poor, and cannot be used on a music stand.
3) The key transposition (on songs where the capo is recommended) is a bummer... to play the songs without a capo requires a re-transposition [not too easy to do on-the-fly].
- All chords are printed at the beginning of each song, so that for a novice such as I, I know at a glance whether I can plan.
- All chords are illustrated by finger charts. I learned a few new chords!
- The songs are in alphabetical sequence so that there's no need to flip to an index to find my favourites
- It should come in a spiral bound so that it lays flat. I have to be use a paper weight to keep the book open to a certain page.
- The printing comes within 1/2 inch of the top of page, so that even a small paper weight would block the top line or two.
4/5, no doubt, and would be 5/5 if the boom was in spiral bound, which would take care of the second con of blocking.
Thank you for reviving my novice guitar playing!
Some folks have complained that some songs are simplified too much, but for those folks there are the tab and piano and vocal books for the individual albums. This book is for folks who want to play and sing the tunes at parties or around the campfire.
My only complaint is about the format: it is very difficult to keep the book open to the page you are reading from. It eventually gets easier as you bend the pages, but my friend's book is now essentially destroyed after a year or using it.
Otherwise, this book is absolutely worth the low price, and is perfect for Beatles fans of any age who want to strum and sing along to their favourite tunes.
All that could be added to make it absolutely perfect would be the signature licks or intros, but often you can work these out from the intro chords given.
I have worn this book out, figuratively. It's the best value for the buck I've ever come across. It even helps you appreciate more the creativity the Beatles showed in their songwriting.
There is no way to be disappointed as long as you understand that this one if for chords and singing the lyrics; it only does that but it does it perfectly.
Most recent customer reviews
I love this book but my copy is falling apart because it is glue-bound to the spine.IT SHOULD BE SPIRAL BOUND.ARE YOU LISTENING HAL????Published 1 month ago by Beatlefan001
Although it is the perfect chord book for all of the Beatles songs, I did find that the print on Kindle is just too small even with the large text selection.Published 2 months ago by Ernest Saunders
This is our second copy of this book. The first was left at a friend's place and after the oohs and aahs that it generated we didn't have the heart to take it back! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Janelle LeBlanc
I agree with David Jacquest who wrote a review this year in May. This is the best book that I have used. I am learning new and interesting chords. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Cheryl S
The only problem with this book is the binding. It would have been MUCH better if they had used a spiral binding instead. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Kyle Ticehurst