The second edition of The Blood Group Antigen FactsBook provides key information relating to human red blood cell membrane components carrying blood group antigens, the molecular basis of the antigens, their serological characteristics, and the clinical significance of blood group antibodies. The data on this group of molecules has expanded greatly since the previous edition was published five years ago. Topics include: history and information on terminology, expression, chromosomal assignment, carrier molecule description, molecular basis of antigens, effect of enzymes/chemicals, clinical significance, disease association, phenotypes, glycotypes and key references.
- Over 250 fully updated entries on blood group antigens, formatted on single pages for easy use
- Inclusion of RHAG blood group system and over twenty new antigens
- Basic science paired with clinical applications to give context to information
- Full-color illustrations, gene maps and charts
- Both traditional and ISBT-sanctioned naming conventions included