The Blood Group Antigen FactsBook Paperback – Nov 17 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Praise for the first edition:
"This compact paperback has quickly become the most valued and useful resource in my blood banking and immunohematology library....the books primary usefulness is as a reference resource. However, it is highly readable and skimming its' tables and figures will be an enjoyable, painless way to update your information about blood group antigens. Once you start reading this unique compilation of facts and information about blood group antigens, you will not be able to stop until you read the last page."
"A welcome reprieve to those of us who do not have a comprehensive reprint collection, and need to locate data rapidly with the minimum of fuss...[the authors] have met the challenge and the end result is a book that should jostle for space on the bookshelf of everyone with even a casual interest in red blood cells and blood group antigens."
This Factsbook provides key information relating to human red blood cell membrane components carrying blood group antigens, and the clinical significance of blood group antibodiesSee all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
The purpose of this FactsBook is to provide key information relating to the erythro-cyte membrane components carrying blood group antigens, the genes encoding them, the molecular basis of the antigens and phenotypes, their characteristics, and the clinical significance of blood group antibodies. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book is well organized, gives you all the important facts and the clinical significance of each antigen. Truely a superb gathering of very practical facts. I strongly recommend it to clinicians, residents and medical students. This book has the facts you need for making decisions .
The book is very thorough in the description of blood group antigens and their molecular basis. For some, the information provided may be too detailed, but it's there as a resource for those instances when you're confronted with some "obscure" blood group, or variant thereof.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Immunology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Hematology
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Biochemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Immunology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Hematology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Immunology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Hematology