Hugely successful and popular text presenting an extensive and comprehensive guide for all R users
The R language is recognized as one of the most powerful and flexible statistical software packages, enabling users to apply many statistical techniques that would be impossible without such software to help implement such large data sets. R has become an essential tool for understanding and carrying out research.
- Features full colour text and extensive graphics throughout.
- Introduces a clear structure with numbered section headings to help readers locate information more efficiently.
- Looks at the evolution of R over the past five years.
- Features a new chapter on Bayesian Analysis and Meta-Analysis.
- Presents a fully revised and updated bibliography and reference section.
- Is supported by an accompanying website allowing examples from the text to be run by the user.
Praise for the first edition:
‘…if you are an R user or wannabe R user, this text is the one that should be on your shelf. The breadth of topics covered is unsurpassed when it comes to texts on data analysis in R.’ (The American Statistician, August 2008)‘The High-level software language of R is setting standards in quantitative analysis. And now anybody can get to grips with it thanks to The R Book…’ (Professional Pensions, July 2007)